MissionPoland Board Members - 2019
One of the Founding Board Members of MissionPoland went home to be with the Lord in 2007. Dr. Harold O. J. Brown of North Carolina ( 1933-2007 ): was a Professor of Philosophy and Theology at Reformed Theological Seminary, Professor Emeritus of Trinity Evangelical Divinity School, a consulting editor for Christianity Today and an Advisory Board member of The Center for Bioethics and Human Dignity. We have ministered together in Poland with his lovely wife Grace, among various evangelicals and Catholic groups. Dr. Brown has four doctorates from Harvard. Dr. Brown’s first doctorate was done mainly in Polish on the Polish reformer Jan Laski who founded the Presbyterian Church while in London and helped develop the Dutch Reformed Church in Holland. One of his ancestors was a Roman Catholic priest in the Kingdom of Poland (The Polish Lithuanian Commonwealth).
Clarence J. Ostalkiewicz Sr. of Maine was also a founding board member and when home to be with the Lord in jnuary of 2013: Clarence served in WW2 as a gunner on a B-17 bomber aircraft and completed his B.B.A. and MBA at Northeastern University and Bentley School of Accounting & Finance in Boston, Mass. He is an author and has been on many mission trips to Poland & Russia since coming to Christ.
CURRENT ACTIVE MEMBERS & OFFICERS OF MISSIONPOLAND
MissionPoland Board Members 2019
1. Donalyn Bratton (2007) of Florida: has been a missionary to Poland along with her husband David. The Brattons had the privilege of being the only non-Roman Catholics to teach the Bible for one year to Roman Catholics Priests in Lublin, Poland 1977-1979. They both served on the staff of Athletes in Action with the professional sports teams in New York and New Jersey. Together they served on the staff of Campus Crusade for Christ for 33 years including their ministry in Poland in the 1970's where we worked together. Donalyn's husband is a graduate of the Dallas Theological Seminary and served as an Associate Pastor at the Bethlehem Evangelical Free Church in New Jersey. Donalyn has also been well grounded in God's Word at IBS. She is the current secretary for MissionPoland and is owner of Bratton Travel. Donalyn, can be contacted at email@example.com or (phone number # 973-876-8790)
2. Gilbert Dekelaita (2007) of Illinois: Gilbert serves our current treasurer for MissionPoland. Gil is a graduate of the Moody Bible Institute and is a Public School teacher for Children with special needs. His wife Eliza is from Białystok, Poland.
3. Pastor Emeritus Jim Henry (2007) of Florida: Pastor Emeritus of the First Baptist Church in Orlando: Dr. Jim Henry is a past president of the Southern Baptist Convention and was the Senior Pastor of the First Baptist Church in Orlando, Florida for twenty eight years.
4. Leonard Jankowski (2007) of Minnesota : Leonard is a retired naval officer and Pilot. He has flown for Northwest airlines for many years. Leonard organized the Polish translation of the Jesus Film, which was the first of 1500 translations. Leonard’s mother came to America in 1933 to complete her studies at the Moody Bible Institute and returned to Poland. Leonard was born in Wilno, Poland and then came to America as a young teenager.
5. J. Ed Komoszewski (2007) of Texas: Ed graduated summa cum laude from Dallas Theological Seminary with a Th.M. in New Testament Studies and two major honors: The John F. Walvoord Award for outstanding work in the department of Theological Studies and The W. H. Grffith Thomas Award for graduating at the top of his class. He has taught biblical and theological studies at Northwestern College and serves as the Program Director for Converse with Scholars. Ed is the coauthor of Reinventing Jesus and Putting Jesus in His Place: The Case for the Deity of Christ. He recently has had his third scholarly book published and printed.
6. John Lieske (2007) of Illinois: John is the owner of his own painting company. John is also a graduate of the Moody Bible Institute. He has had many leadership positions in His Rockford, Illinois are Evangelical Free Church.
7. Anna Losiak (2007) of Florida : Anna studied Theater at the Jagiellonian University in Krakow for four years. She was a leader in the Catholic Oasis movement in Poland and her testimony has been featured on the radio program, “Unshackled ". Anna was also the chief organizer of thirty Polish Christian camps for children, teens and families in the 1990’s as well as the director of Polish Christian radio in Chicago for 6 years. Anna is the Co- Director of MissionPoland and the Coordinator of the Polish Women’s Conference in Chicago .
8. Joe Losiak (2007) of Florida : Joe Studied at the Chicago City College and the Jagiellonian University in Poland as well as the Institute of Biblical Studies of Campus Crusade for Christ in California, Colorado and Vienna Austria. Joe was a student leader and then a full time staff member of Campus Crusade for Christ for a total of eleven years. In High School he was trained by a Navigator (who was also the co-founder of AWANA) and led YFC at his High School. Joe was the elected Sunday School Director (Which was started by D.L. Moody) at Moody Church in Chicago for four years 1994-98, overseeing a teaching staff of sixty teachers. Joe is the Executive Director of MissionPoland.
9. Dr. Grant Richison (2019) of Florida: Dr. Richison graduated from Dallas Theological Seminary and Pastored several churches including the largest Baptist Church in Canada where over 500 new believers were added to God’s Kingdom every year. He was also the interim Canadian National Director of Campus Crusade for Christ and currently trains pastors and Bible teachers all over the world in speaking conference and now by Internet. Verse by Verse Bible Exposition has over 150,000 followers in Internet studies.
10. Dick Sanner (2007) of California: Dick led the first ministry team of Campus Crusade for Christ into Poland in 1976. He was the Pastor of Missions at Community Presbyterian Church in Danville, California and serves as the Chair of the MissionPoland board. He became a Christian while in college in 1963. Shortly after graduating he began a 20 year career with his wife Linda in Campus Crusade for Christ. For the last six years at Campus Crusade for Christ, Dick taught at The International School of Theology. Dick helped to found the Institute of Christian Studies International and taught Bible classes to lay people for three years. He graduate from Fuller School of Missions.
11. Stewart (Stu)Urban (2007) of Minnesota: Stu was a High School teacher in the Chicago area until he retired. He lives with his wife Zelma in Andover, Minnesota. Stu served with Joe on the Christian Education Committee and on the Executive Committee at the Moody Church in Chicago when Joe was the Director of the Moody Church Sunday School in the 1990’s.
12. Rita Whaley (2007) of Indiana : Rita Served as a missionary nurse to Ecuador for 28 years with HCJB. She graduated from Purdue University as a nurse and from Fort Wayne Bible School in Indiana. Rita currently lives and works in Warsaw, Indiana in Kosciuszko County. Rita also worked with Polish prisoners in Quito's Men's and Women's prisons.
MissionPoland is incorporated with 501 © 3 status, enabling it to receive tax-deductible contributions. Contributions to this vital ministry should be made out to: MissionPoland P.O. Box 681481 Schaumburg, IL 60168
For by wise guidance you will wage war, and in abundance of counselors there is victory in war: and in multitude of counselors there is safety. Prov. 24:6